Visit us in the quaint hamlet of Myrtle Station, ON at: 9585 Baldwin St. N. (905)655-4858
(17.8km north of 401 exit 410. Look for the green house with the red roof a few doors north of the Myrtle Station railroad tracks)

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Hap-iness at last

We began to stock lovely, fine Einband Lopi a couple of years ago, so I began an Evelyn Clark triangular shawl. To me, this yarn is similar to shetland wool, just sticky enough to hold it's own with lace and fairisle, washing and blocking beautifully.
The project went on holiday with me, because I am not the most practised lace knitter and the peace and quiet on the beach in the morning is perfect for yarn overs. Somehow though, it was not the project for me. So, with regret I put it aside. Has that ever happened to you? I do have a stunning Lehe shawl made for me in shetland wool by Geri of Not Just About Knitting
Now I have found a wonderful Jared Flood pattern for a Hap shawl at the Greenwood Quiltery in Guelph called Quill. It is just what I like... a full garter stitch square with an easy lace border. Time for another holiday on the beach, including yarn overs!
Mr. Flood's blog is very interesting, but I must say the Brooklyn Tweed online magazine is stunning. It helped me remember how much I love tweed yarns and cables under my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment