Visit us in the quaint hamlet of Myrtle Station, ON at: 9585 Baldwin St. N. (905)655-4858
(17.8km north of 401 exit 410. Look for the green house with the red roof a few doors north of the Myrtle Station railroad tracks)

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

getting my ducks in order

Well the yarn tasting is very soon.
I have really enjoyed getting acquainted with all of the beautiful samples provided by Estelle yarns.
It was great fun making the fabric bags for the collection.
Sharion and Marion were in the studio this Thursday, lucky me. We decided modular knitting would be fun to offer to the guild members as a sampling strategy.
I have a scarf on the go in printed sock yarn. Modular knitting allows me the freedom to pick and choose where I will place each segment of the painted yarn, I don't need to work in a stritcly linear fashion.
Edgar is a cute narrow scarf on Knitty and The Modern Quilt Wrap by Mags Candace. I also like the book Domino Knitting by Vivian Hoxbro and Swing Swagger Drape by Jane Slicer Smith. In fact Sharion is making the cover cardigan in Oslo double knitting at this time. You could also find out "How to Build a Log Cabin"
Then of course the chevron effect found in stitch patterns like the one we use for our new shell scarf works great for adding movement and texture. Missoni knitwear is often worked in this fashion.
Other cool sampling patterns I like include the linen stitch bracelet "Pretty Twisted", Belle Flower scarf, the Daisy Chain Kit (Frankie's knitted Stuff)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Stephanie! The yarn tasting was excellent and must have been a lot of work for you to put together.

    ReplyDelete