Visit us in the quaint hamlet of Myrtle Station, ON at: 9585 Baldwin St. N. (905)655-4858
(17.8km north of 401 exit 410. Look for the green house with the red roof a few doors north of the Myrtle Station railroad tracks)

Monday, May 5, 2014

Chevron's at the beach

I took time for a little taste of summer recently at the beach, in the excellent company of a good book, cross stitch embroidery and some cheerful colourful crochet.
There is basically only one stitch, so the focus is relax, enjoy, play with colour and make sculptural shapes. Mandarin Petit Egyptian Cotton and crochet are perfect together. Faster than knitting too! though I do love to knit lace tops for the warmer weather.
This is a chevron baby blanket I took to the beach in Cuba. The sound of the ocean waves in the background and the waves of the crochet pattern are in beautiful harmony. I love the turquoise colour, the water and the yarn.
Too relaxed to finish it on my holiday, I continue here in Canada during our rather cool, moist spring This project definitely produces a sunny frame of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment